Media Requests for Interviews and Quotes
I’m the nationally-recognized personal finance expert behind the award-winning MapleMoney (previously Canadian Finance Blog). Not only that, but I have years of experience as a financial analyst for a major retailer. I’m always available for interviews, quotes, and media appearances.
You can find references to me in Huffington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Inc., Business.com, The Globe and Mail, and several other outlets. My areas of expertise include personal finance, credit cards, family finance, entrepreneurship, blogging, and building an online business.
Interview questions I can answer for your audience
- What's the best way to use your tax refund?
- How do you start investing with a small amount of money?
- What are some of the best ways to use your TFSA to help you reach your family financial goals?
- What are the resources available to help you plan your child's college education?
- How can you find time to start a successful side business?
- What are some of the best tips for making best use of your credit card rewards?
- What should you know about getting approved for a credit?
- How do you use a blog to drive traffic to your business website?
- How can I overcome Google penalties to reclaim my traffic?
- What are the best social media practices for someone looking to build an online business?
- How can I leverage my knowledge into a thriving online business?
Photos and logos for media use
(right click and save the needed image)
Interviews, Quotes, and Media Mentions
- Breaking a Cycle of Revolving Debt: An Interview with Tom Drake of MapleMoney – Reconcile Your Wallet
- 23 Finance Experts On How To Manage Your Money In 10 Minutes Or Less – The Financial Diet
- The Ultimate Guide to Managing Money (in Under 10 Minutes) – Victori Media
- Personal Finance Podcasters And Their Favorite Episodes – Runnymede
- 30+ Best Personal Finance Podcasts Covering Every Day Of The Week – Making Momentum
- A Year of Winning Personal Finance: 40+ Incredible Success Stories – Winning Personal Finance
- 5 Podcasts To Listen To Over the Weekend That Are Good For Your Wealth – Refresh Financial
- How Social Media Can Make You Money – Studenonmics
- 30+ Money Bloggers Share Their Best Book for Beginner Investors – Stock Street
- 40 Money Influencers in Canada – Hardbacon
- How to Make Money in Stocks: 5 Best Investing Tips From the Richest Investors – Student Loan Hero
- How Do I Double the Revenue on My Blogs? – Ask Pat
- Stocktrades Favorite Investing & Personal Finance Blogs – Stocktrades
- Eight Steps to Stop Overspending When You Don’t Know Where to Start – The Simple Dollar
- 4 Ways To Make An Extra $1,000 A Month in 2018 – Amanda Abella
- 4 Side Hustles You Can Do While Working Full Time – Discover: Modern Money
- 7 Personal Loan Companies That Help You Pay Off Debt Quickly – Student Loan Hero
- 51 Small Business Quotes for Every Situation – My Work From Home Money
- The Truth About Student Loans: What You Borrow Isn’t What You’ll Pay – Student Loan Hero
- 15 Canadian Personal Finance Bloggers to Follow in 2018 – RateHub
- 6 Steps to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck – Effectify
- Zero-fee ETFs can come with strings attached – The Globe and Mail
- Behind the Screen with Tom from MapleMoney – Family Money Plan
- The Saturday Weekend Review #235 – Canadian Budget Binder
- Six Canadian Business Influencers Worth Following on Twitter – Cision
- The Best Advice a 21-Year-Old Can Hear Right Now – Adulting
- 6 Financial Experts Dish the Dirt on What They Would Do With $10,000 – POPSUGAR
- 5 Long-Term Investment Strategies from a Master – Student Loan Hero
- Partners in Life and Money: When to Open a Joint Checking Account – Discover
- Top Online Influencers in Canadian Finance – RazorPlan
- Higher Interest Rates From the Fed: What’s Next for Your Money – Student Loan Hero
- Active vs. passive investing: Which approach wins? – Globe Advisor
- 20 Top Bloggers to Meet at FinCon Masters New York City – RealtyShares
- How to make little changes that can save big bucks – Global News
- The Financial Tool You Should be Using – ModernAdvisor
- 15 Canadian Personal Finance Bloggers to Follow in 2017 – RateHub
- 10 Facebook Pages That Every Money-Conscious Canadian Should Like – Refresh Financial
- 10 Passionate Canadian Personal Finance Bloggers To Follow In 2017 – I Saved $5k
- Is a balance transfer the right choice for you? – CreditCards.ca
- Personal finance writers share 2017 New Year’s resolutions – Save with SPP
- Money advice from the financial experts – Financial Post
- Millennial Money – Tips from Canada’s Personal Finance Bloggers – ModernAdvisor
- Top Personal Finance Bloggers in Canada – ModernAdvisor
- 145 #FinCon16 Speakers and Entrepreneurs to Follow on Twitter – ZacJohnson.com
- The Top 50 People You Need to Know at FinCon 2016 – Huffington Post
- 9 Ways to Profit From Your Passion – Entrepreneur
- What I wish I knew before taking out student loans – Business Insider
- How Startups Are Using Virtual Assistants – Zirtual
- Air Miles, with Danielle Smith – News Talk 770 (CHQR)
- Tom Drake from the Internets – Because Money
- How To “Make It” As A Personal Finance Expert – Forbes
- Buying vs. renting housing: lifestyle factors to consider – Quizzle
- Me and My Money: Financial analyst lowers investing fees with Vanguard and iShares – The Globe and Mail
- How to Buy and Sell Websites: Expert Advice on Maximizing Your Profit – The Penny Hoarder
- Best Credit Cards in Canada (and how to use them) – Build Wealth Canada
- How to start saving for your summer vacation now – Quizzle
- Top 50 Canadian Personal Finance Websites – LSM Insurance
- Top Canadian Finance Blogs to Follow in 2015 – FundThrough
- 3 Sneaky Ways Special Financing Deals Cost You More – U.S. News & World Report
- 5 Expert Finance Tips Entrepreneurs Must Know in 2015 – Inc.
- Top Twitter Feeds For Advisors – Advisor.ca
- Investing in Websites with Tom Drake – Money Tree Investing Podcast
- 10,000 Hours in 10 Minutes: Tom Drake Building on Your Brand – Media Shower
- How to be a Successful Entrepreneur in the Online Publishing Space – Inc.
- Where Should You Start Investing Your Money – PF Tales
- Tom Drake Manages Multiple Blogs on the Night Shift – Save with SPP
- Successfully Balancing an Online Business and a Full-Time Job with Tom Drake – My 4-Hour Workweek
- How Tom Drake Built, Bought, and Partnered His Way to a 40+ Blog Network – Microblogger Podcast
- Personal Finance Interview on Money Management Basics – Mint
- How 5 Bloggers Collaborated to Launch a Multimedia Project – The Money & Media Podcast
- Campers Share Their Experience at Last Year’s FinCon Camp – FinCon
- Interview With A Savings Expert – CouponPal
- Family Finances, Entrepreneurship, and More – WiseBread
- The Godfather of Canadian Personal Finance Bloggers – The More Money for Beer and Textbooks Podcast
- Payday Loans – The Late Shift with Gail Vaz-Oxlade
- Should young Canadians with home ownership dreams keep dreaming? – The Globe and Mail
- Who Is Who at FinCon12? – EasyFinance
- Budgeting software takes drudgery out of managing money – The Globe and Mail
- Personal Finance Inspires this Contributor of the Week – BizSugar
- 5 Insurance Policies You Probably Won’t Need – Reader’s digest
- Does your child need life insurance? – The Globe and Mail
- Insurance products you can probably do without – The Globe and Mail
- Debt Free News From A Debt Free Reader #17 – Enemy Of Debt
- Twitter Tuesday Profile: @CanadianFinance – Out Of Debt Christian
- Fame is tweeting – Costco Connection
- Podcast with Tom Drake of Canadian Finance Blog – Canadian Money Advisor
- Follow these finance-related Twitter feeds – MoneySense
- How to talk to your partner about retirement savings – Canadian Living
- Me and My Money: Going with the investing flow – The Globe and Mail
Awards and Recognition
- 2014 Money Award – Brighter Life / Sun Life Financial (Canadian Finance Blog)
- 2014 Plutus Award for Best Canadian Personal Finance Blog (Canadian Finance Blog)
- 2013 Money Award – Brighter Life / Sun Life Financial (Canadian Finance Blog)
- 2014 Plutus Award for Best Collaborative Project for Personal Finance (Money Mastermind Show)
- Best of Finance Consumers’ Choice: Best Blogger, Investing – RateSupermarket (Canadian Finance Blog)
- Bronze Medal in the Personal Finance Olympics – Go Banking Rates
- 2011 Plutus Award for Best Canadian Personal Finance Blog (Canadian Finance Blog)
- March Money Madness Champion 2011 – Free Money Finance (Canadian Finance Blog)